Friday, March 22, 2013

Apheresis treatment visit


Yesterday, my husband and I visited the hospital that I will have the LDL Apheresis treatment.  They scheduled us while a patient was having the procedure, so we were able to view and ask questions.  I really appreciated the time and sharing that the patient and nurse took, after all it's not everyday that you can meet with someone prior to beginning a medical treatment as extensive as this one.  

I had so many thoughts and questions prior to this appointment and of course in my menopausal moment left the written questions at home.  Regardless, after viewing the machine and patient they all came flooding back.  The focus of my questions were related to the actual machine and mechanics of the devise and the physical attributes prior, during and after the bi-monthly treatments. What I was left with was an overall reassured sense that the professionals monitor you during the entire procedure, yes you lose an afternoon and evening twice a month BUT look what you may gain-additional years to your life, less drugs and HOPE.  Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment